Did you know that Eggs are a protein that provides strength, power and energy?
- Eggs provide steady and sustained energy because they do not cause a surge in blood sugrar or insulin level
- Eggs are a nutrient-rich source of high-quality protein and provide several B vitamins required for the production of energy in the body, such as thiamin, riboflavin, folate, B12 and B6.
- Eggs provide six grams of high-quality protein (13% of the daily value) which can help individuals build muscle AND prevent muscle loss.
- Eggs are rich in leucine, an essential amino acid that contributes to our muschles uing the enery and muscle recovery after a work out
- Eggs are used by Scientiest as the standard for evaluating the protein quality of other foods
So the simple Egg is not so simple. For the average price of .29 cents the egg is a healthy snack (hard boiled) or featured when incorporated with farmers market veggies for an affordable and flavorful Vegetable Frittata. Yummy!
For more Eggcellant (sorry I had to) information go to:
Egg Nutrition Center http://www.ebc-online.org/
American Egg Board http://www.incredibleegg.org/